Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lollypop Trees Quilt by Mary Beth LaRosa


This is one of my favorite quilts exhibited at the recent Flights and Fantasies Quilt Show at the New England Air Museum in Connecticut. It's called "Lollypop Trees" by Mary Beth LaRosa of Granby, CT. She used a pattern designed by Kim McLean. This 94" x 94" quilt was machine pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted! She says she loved making this quilt, and that each block was a new art project to enjoy.
Great job, Mary Beth!!



4 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

It's so incredible, I don't even know what to say. It takes your breath away. If I was God, I would want this for my blanket.

audrey said...

Very lovely! I'm so glad that hand quilting is making a bit of a comeback too. Beautiful work.

cottonreel said...

This is a stunning quilt . I would like to make it

jolie said...

Awsome