Sunday, August 19, 2012

Orange Quilts Plus a Free Tutorial


This photo was featured on the Hirshfield's Color Club blog. Hirshfield's is a paint and home decorating store in the Midwest USA. I like this simple but bold orange log cabin quilt (above). 


Leah at  the Green Bee blog recently made this orange flying geese quilt (above). She says her favorite part of the process is hand-sewing the binding on the back of the quilt. I don't hear that very often. 

And finally, here's a free tutorial for the Modern Chevron Baby Quilt (below) from Kirsty at You Had Me at Bonjour. Kirsty is an Australian living in France. You'll love her blog.


What a modern color combination: orange and gray. Very pretty.





3 comments:

Rosa said...

Those are awesome!

Nedra said...

I love orange quilts. What a nice representation. I made the Modern Chevron in blue, and it looks good in all colors.

Quilt Rat said...

Look at it sideways......I see churches. :-)