Sunday, January 23, 2011

Selvage Spools Quilt Top

Have you seen Jacqui's clever Selvage Spools quilt top? Like the Post Office, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds," Jacqui will get her quilt photo! (The above quote is inscribed on the James Farley Post Office in New York City. I thought it was the Post Office's motto, but not so, according to Wikipedia.)

Back to the quilt; you can see more photos on her blog: Tall Grass Prairie Studio. Did you notice that the selvages match the spools? She also has links to sites where you can donate to Australian flood relief, and a photo of her quilt that appears in Stitch magazine. Jacqui is one talented lady!

6 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love spools. I love selvedges. I love this quilt. Jacquie has great style.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhh, they have that quote in foot high letters up near the ceiling in my post office! And they do pretty well at it too.

Love the spools! I am ever so glad to rub elbows with such creative and talented people!
glen

Canadian Kristin said...

Ooooh! Love this!!! I have been faithfully collecting my selvages and love that these spools keep the colour families together! Well done!

Anonymous said...

That quilt is soooo clever! I love it! Great job Jacquie!!!!!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt, she really used them with colors that made it unique.

Debbie

Rika said...

Lovely quilt!