Monday, February 8, 2010

Red Heart Selvage Pillow

As Valentine's Day approaches I have some delightful selvage treats for you. This is Lynn's first selvage project. It took just one hour to make and she said it was easy and fun.

You know Lynn from http://www.infantbibliophile.blogspot.com/. She is the Mom of a 2 year old, and she blogs about children's books and craft projects. She has photos of the process of making this pillow. I like the striped fabric at the top; it looks like a blanket stitch edge. Nice job, Lynn!

6 comments:

Barb said...

cute project! I'm still saving up for mine.

FabricFascination said...

Very cute, and I especially like the part about it only took an hour to make.

Nancy said...

I have lots of selvages saved for my sister . . . I am sending your link and my saves to her this week so she and her daughter can see what lies ahead for them . . . very nice job!
Nancy in AZ

Selvage Quilter said...

Nancy,
What a nice idea - they'll get a big head start with your selvages.
Karen

Maggey and Jim said...

Great job.. I have not made a single heart yet and feel so out of it.. I love how that turned out.. Great work
Maggey

Lynn said...

Thank you everyone, and to Karen for posting about our project. It was so fun. I definitely see more selvage projects in our future. My mother in law in New Zealand keeps shipping her selvages to me too, so I have an international collection system in place. :)