Saturday, August 1, 2009

This is my neighborhood.

Send me a photo of what your part of the world looks like.

This is White Plains, New York. You can see a little bit of my building on the far right edge of this photo. We live on the 18th floor. We can see a little bit of the New York City skyline, trains, lots of trees, the Bronx River Parkway, and usually about 8 planes over JFK and LaGuardia. We park our cars underground. I can walk to Macy's, Target, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble Booksellers, and the train station for NYC. It's a nice place to live. We've been here for 2 years.

I'm guessing the view outside your door is a little different. Show us!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Wow Karen. I never dreamed that White Plains has grown so much. I lived in NYC many, many years ago, but the outskirts always seemed like mostly brownstones. Thanks for sharing the picture.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Wow a busy place. I was in NYC one time a long long time ago. I can't get over the very tall buildings there. It is nice to be able to walk to all those places.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hi Karen
Just found you through a link; my son lives in Dobbs Ferry and works in White Plains at a college. I have been up that way in quick succession a few years back. Comparing White Plains (where a dear uncle had a hearing aid business for many years) with the bucolic Dobbs Ferry is always amazing.
Your work is interesting! Will be checking out the selvedge stuff soon.
Always blessed,
Blondie

Unknown said...

Very busy place!! Not sure I can survive there...