Monday, August 10, 2009

Pre-Cuts from The Fabric Square Shop

I just received these pre-cut fabrics from Laura Sampsel's Fabric Square Shop. Aren't they delicious? I'm starting to appreciate how the variety in a charm pack can really jump-start a scrap quilt. Sometimes you just need a smidgen, not a whole fat quarter.

I couldn't help laying out a few squares of the pretty Kaffe squares above. (My surface was wavy; the squares are accurate.)

The soft arrangement below is a jelly roll called "Spring Magic" by April Cornell from Moda. I'm tempted to just sew all these strips together "as is" for a summer hammock quilt. (If I had a hammock. I guess I could set one up between 2 parking meters. I'd probably have to feed them quarters every 15 minutes. That sounds restful!) Just kidding, not whining!

Posted by Picasa
Visit Laura Sampsels sites at:

6 comments:

Karin van Dam said...

*grin* That would be one surprised parking guard I guess. But I totally see that hammock quilt before me, that would be gorgeous with those fabrics!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking to ogle those beautiful fabrics. Aren't pre-cuts wonderful?

Carrie P. said...

I would love to see a hammock between two meters. What a great photo that would be.

April Cornell said...

I am thinking a hammock quilt would make anywhere beautiful - even a sidewalk filled with parking meters!
Thanks for mentioning my fabric line. I think I might have to work up a hammock that is quilted. Perfect for my front porch!
April Cornell

Jocelyn said...

What great fabric! And I love your little tiger that you adopted. Very cute and welcoming.

Greenmare said...

ooo those are sooooo pretty!!!