Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Quilter's World" Riviews Selvage Book


I was so delighted to see "Quilts from the Selvage Edge" reviewed in "Quilter's World magazine." Who knows, maybe some new selvage quilters will be born.
I'm very curious to see the new book by Bonnie K. Hunter called "Scraps and Shirttails," also shown above. She was the Featured Quilter one time on www.realwomenquilt.com, so I feel like I know her a little bit. I guess all quilters know each other a little bit because we have a lot in common to start with.
Thank you to Debbie in Jerusalem for telling me about this book review! You can see her blog at: www.debbiesfiberwork.blogspot.com. She has been experimenting with stamping designs onto fabric. Very interesting results.

4 comments:

GailM. said...

I recently subscribed to that magazine. I loved it when I opened it and saw it reviewed your book and Bonnie Hunter's book. It felt like home since I read your blogs regularly. Congratulations on the review. I've got 3 projects that I'm finishing up right now, and I should have enough selvages to do another small project after that. Yippee

Jean said...

It's great that your book was reviewed and I love your blog... thanks for inspiring all of us to make something out of selvages!

Anya said...

Congratulations on the review! You've done a lot for the quilting world.

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Karen, I just recived a copy of Scraps & Shirttails by Bonnie K Hunter. I posted it up on my blog at the moment. It is about making 'Green Quilts' Enjoy Natima