Saturday, December 27, 2008

Australian Fiber Artist: Sarah London

This charming crocheted granny-square blanket is almost enough to make me switch over completely from quilting to crocheting! When I was little, my mother and grandmother made some blankets like this, and we used them for a long time. So that helps to explain why I'm so taken with this, but her color selection is wonderful too. Very "early twenty-first century," wouldn't you say? The old ones I remember were multi-colored, and had black borders around each block.

This was made by Sarah London of New South Wales, Australia. You can see more of her creative fiber art on her blog at www.sarah-london.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Mary L. said...

I agree.. I love to crochet too. If only there was a way to quilt with one hand and crochet with the other. Of course then I'd wish for still more hands..one to read with, another to bake with, still another to input more of my massive genealogy files to my computer, etc. Too much to do..so little time. Thanks for sharing such a festive afghan.

Amy said...

I also crochet. maybe I should do some crocheting and give my sewing machine a break, that is beautiful

Carrie P. said...

I like the colors too. It reminds me of spring.

CJ said...

I would like to know how to make granny squares. I love her color choice! Very Mary Engelbreit :D