Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New "Quilter's Home" Features Red Zinger Selvage Quilt!


The new Sept/Oct issue is hot off the presses! It's full of good stuff, but take a look at page 48 first. It's my "Red Zinger" selvage quilt!

When Mark Lipinski spoke to the Empire Quilters, he said he didn't like it when quilt magazines "dumbed down" the quilt patterns. So, when he asked me to make a quilt and a pattern for his magazine, I pulled out all the stops. I challenged myself to come up with something above and beyond what I had already done. This quilt isn't hard to make, it just looks like it! That's because there is a bit of an optical illusion.

Take a look. If you make your version of this quilt, email a photo to this blog at karengriska@selvagequilts.com. Or maybe you will take it to the next level!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: