Friday, August 1, 2008

Selvage Pillow for Gail Kessler



If you have been looking at selvages lately, you probably recognize the name Gail Kessler. She is with Andover Fabrics and designed the Dimples line which is printed in a gazillion pretty colors. She has many other designs to her name as well! PA quilters, check out her quilt shop called "Ladyfingers" in Oley, PA.

I had so many of her selvages that I made her a pillow featuring them. I like this arrangement of selvages. I started by sewing the short selvages along the top of the foundation fabric. Then, I added the long selvages horizontally, starting at the bottom. When I reached the short vertical selvages, I made sure their raw edges were covered by the last horizontal selvage. I folded the last long selvage over and top-stitched to finish the pillow top. The backing is a black and white print. She displays this pillow in her studio:)

No comments: